Here is a nice and easy dessert for you to make. Peaches are in season in the Southern Hemisphere so they are cheap. However, you could substitute the peaches for pears or apples if you want to make this now and are living in the Northern Hemisphere. Simply omit the thyme.
4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled and diced (10 medium)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/3 cup- CRISP; 1/2 Cup- TOPPING)
Fresh thyme leaves
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR TOPPING)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted and cooled
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
3. In a bowl mix together the peaches, 1/3 cup brown sugar, thyme and 1 tablespoon flour.
4. Mix peaches well. Place the peaches in an oven proof dish.
5. In the same bowl, mix together the ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup flour, rolled oats, sunflower seeds and cinnamon.
6. Add the melted butter and mix until uniform.
7. Spread the topping on top of the peaches.
8. Place the crisp into the oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
9. In a serving bowl, serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.