Jumble Berry Upside Down Cake
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh raspberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened dried coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR SHORTBREAD CRUST)|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR SHORTBREAD CRUST)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (FOR SHORTBREAD CRUST)|
|Pitted medjool dates||6 Medium (FOR SHORTBREAD CRUST)|
1. Take a large bowl; put the berries and agave nectar. Stir it well to coat all the berries and let it sit for 5 minutes or till the shortbread crust is ready.
2. Line a cake pan with parchment paper.
3. Pit the dates by pulling them into half and removing the seeds.
4. FOR SHROTBREAD CRUST: In a food processor; take coconut, walnuts and salt. Process it till fine flour consistency.
5. Add the dates and continue processing till the mixture begins to stick. Keep aside.
6. Take the cake pan; place half of the berries on the paper at the bottom.
7. Top it with half of the shortbread crust and distribute it evenly.
8. Press it down with hands gently.
9. Repeat the process with the remaining berries and shortbread crust.
10. Chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 12 hours before serving.
11. Take a serving plate and invert the cake on it. Cut it into slices and serve chill.
The shortbread crust can be stored in a sealed container. Shortbread Crust will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator or for 3 months in the freezer. (The crust doesn’t need to be thawed before using.)
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 495 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.4%
Sugars 39.4 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 51.7%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet