Frozen Chocolate Pineapple and Coco-Nutty Bananas
|Ripe bananas||2 Medium, sliced diagonally|
|Pineapple||1 Medium, cut (desired shape)|
|Coconut||1 Medium, shredded|
|Macadamia nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Dark chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel the banana and slice them diagonally.
2. Take a plate; place a wax paper on it. Arrange the banana slices on the wax paper without touching each other. Freeze it for 1 hour.
3. Slice off the thick skin of the pineapple and cut it into shape of choice, either ring, large slices or small slices.
4. Place wax paper on a plate and arrange the pineapple pieces on them without touching each other. Freeze for 1 hour.
5. Shave or shred the coconut into small pieces.
6. Chop the macadamia nuts and mix it with the shredded coconut.
7. In a bowl, take dark chocolate; add rum extract, shortening and microwave till smooth for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after every 30 seconds to avoid burning of chocolate.
8. Take the pineapple from the freezer and drizzle the chocolate over it. It will dry instantly, otherwise freeze it till used.
9. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the frozen bananas. It will dry instantly. Drizzle another layer of chocolate and sprinkle the nuts mixture over it immediately.
10. On a serving plate arrange these chocolate coated frozen fruits and serve chilled.
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.3%
Saturated Fat 42 g210%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 3.5 mg1.2%
Sodium 34.6 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.2%
Sugars 53.4 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 162.8%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet