Take your taste buds on a tropical trip for just a fraction of the cost! Learn how to dip and drizzle pineapple and bananas in chocolate. A perfect frozen dessert for a fun and nutty Valentine's Day recipe.
2 Medium, sliced diagonally
1 Medium, cut (desired shape)
1 Medium, shredded
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Peel the banana and slice them diagonally.
2. Take a plate; place a wax paper on it. Arrange the banana slices on the wax paper without touching each other. Freeze it for 1 hour.
3. Slice off the thick skin of the pineapple and cut it into shape of choice, either ring, large slices or small slices.
4. Place wax paper on a plate and arrange the pineapple pieces on them without touching each other. Freeze for 1 hour.
5. Shave or shred the coconut into small pieces.
6. Chop the macadamia nuts and mix it with the shredded coconut.
7. In a bowl, take dark chocolate; add rum extract, shortening and microwave till smooth for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after every 30 seconds to avoid burning of chocolate.
8. Take the pineapple from the freezer and drizzle the chocolate over it. It will dry instantly, otherwise freeze it till used.
9. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the frozen bananas. It will dry instantly. Drizzle another layer of chocolate and sprinkle the nuts mixture over it immediately.
10. On a serving plate arrange these chocolate coated frozen fruits and serve chilled.