Healthy and Vegan Pear Crisp
|Quick rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flax seed meal||1 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg/1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegan butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pears||11 , quartered lengthwise and sliced (8 Cup)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|White flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Spray 8-inch pie dish with vegetable oil. Set aside. (Or use ramekins or lined cupcake tins for individual servings)
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Combine sliced pears, lemon juice, white flour, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Pour into prepared pie dish.
4. In same bowl, mix dry ingredients of topping, oats, brown sugar, flour, flax meal, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5. Add cold butter (or margarine) and mush together with hands until crumbly.
6. Spread evenly over filling.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is soft when pierced with a fork. If topping gets too dark, cover with foil.
8. Serve warm or cold. Spoon into dessert bowls.
Substitute apples, plums, peaches, rhubarb, berries, etc or a combination of a few.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.4 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.8%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet