Microwave Cooked Apple Stuffing
|Cooking apples||2 Medium, cored and chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 Medium, chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread cubes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), unseasoned|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Arrange all the ingredients and prepare them.
2) In 1 1/2 to 2-qt casserole combine apples, onion, celery and butter.
3) Cover the casserole, microwave at High 4 to 5 minutes, or until mixture is tender.
4) In 1-cup measure microwave water at High 45 to 60 seconds or until boiling.
5) In water, dissolve the bouillon granules.
6) Add to apple mixture.
7) Add bread and seasonings.
8) Stir in nuts and raisins.
9) Cover the dish; microwave at High 1 minute until bread crumbs are soften.
10) Use the stuffing for pies.