|Corn starch||2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled sliced peaches||3 Cup (48 tbs) (fresh or frozen and defrosted)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) Combine sugar and cornstarch in a casserole (1 1/2-quart size).
2) Add jam and water and mix well.
3) Heat the contents for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in the microwave, till the contents turn bubbly and start to thicken (stir the contents a couple of times during this process)
4) Meanwhile, add lemon juice to the peaches and mix the well.
5) Add these peaches to the sauce.
6) Again microwave the contents for about 4 to 5 minutes on high temperature, till the peaches turn tender (stir the contents during this process).
7) Microwave brandy in a small dish for about 20 seconds for it to become warm.
8) Add this to the peaches mixture and stir it in. (the brandy can also be poured into a ladle and ignited and then poured on to the peaches. This gives the dish the real flambe effect).
9) Peaches flambe is best served over ice cream.