|Butter margarine/Sunflower margarine||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Concentrated pear and apple spread||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Porridge oats||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Soya flour||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Almond essence||3 Drop|
|Dessert apples||12 Ounce (preferably Cox's, 350 gram)|
|Blackberries||8 Ounce (225 gram)|
|Concentrated apple juice||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Arrowroot||1 Teaspoon (5 milliliter)|
|Toasted flaked almonds||1⁄2 Ounce (15 gram)|
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
2. In a large bowl cream butter or margarine and fruit spread together.
3. Add oats, flour, ground almonds and essence.
4. Knead the dough until stiff.
5. Transfer into a 20 cm (8 in) flan ring and press.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Let stand until cool.
8. To prepare the topping, dice apples with the peel.
9. Mix with blackberries, concentrated apple juice and 15 ml (1 tbsp) water.
10. Stew for 10-15 minutes until soft.
11. In a bowl dissolve arrowroot in 15 ml (1 tbsp) water.
12. Mix into the fruit.
13. Boil the mixture and simmer stirring until thick.
14. Spoon topping on the base and leave until firm.
15. Serve cold, decorated with toasted flaked almonds.