Hot Curried Fruit
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pear halves||29 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned peach halves||29 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned pitted royal anne cherries||17 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned apricot halves||16 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. With boiling water cover raisins and soak for about 10 minutes.
3. Then drain and set aside.
4. Drain fruit, reserving all juice.
5. Stir reserved juice well, measure 3/4 cup and set aside.
6. Save the remaining juice for other uses.
7. In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish, combine fruit and raisins stirring well and set aside.
8. In a medium saucepan, combine blending well sugar, flour and salt.
9. Gradually stir in reserved 3/4 cup fruit juice.
10. Add butter and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
11. Let it boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly and then remove from heat.
12. Gradually stir in wine and curry powder.
13. Fold sauce into fruit, mixing well.
14. Cover fruit mixture and let it stand for 3 hours.
15. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
16. Serve the curried fruit with the cooked juices hot or cold.