Holly Fruit Loaves
|Chopped candied fruits||1 Pound (1 Jar / 2 Cup, Mixed)|
|Seedless raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grape juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the eight small loaf pans 4 1/2X2 1/2X 1 1/2 and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, mix together candied fruits, raisins, and pecans.
4) Add in 1 cup of flour over the fruit mixture and stir lightly to coat fruits and pecans.
5) In a bowl, sift together remaining flour, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, and salt.
6) In a bowl, beat butter or margarine with brown sugar until fluffy.
7) While still beating beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy.
8) Add in molasses and flour mixture, a third at a time, alternately with grape juice, stirring just until well-blended.
9) Stream over flour fruit mixture and fold in completely.
10) Transfer into the loaf pans, using about 3/4 cupful for each and pressing down firmly with spoon to make top even.
11) Put the pans, in a large shallow pan for easy handling, without touching.
12) On the lower shelf, place a pan of hot water, in oven to help keep cakes moist during baking.
13) Place the cake pan on the top shelf.
14) Bake in very slow oven for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
15) Let the cakes, cool completely in pans on wire racks.
16) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out immediately onto wire rack.
17) Dribble icicle glaze over each and garnish with red and green candied cherries and angelica, if desired.
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.1 mg48.7%
Sodium 321.2 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 128.2 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet