Tutti Frutti Popcorn Balls
|Popped corn||10 Cup (160 tbs) (Freshly Popped)|
|Pecans||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Candied red cherries||4 Ounce, halved (1 Jar)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Light corn syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
|Marshmallows||1⁄4 Pound (16 Large Ones)|
|Peppermint extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Lightly butter 2 jelly-roll pans.
2) In the buttered pans, mix together popcorn, pecans and cherries.
3) In a medium saucepan, place together 1 cup of the 10X sugar, corn syrup, and water.
4) Simmer the sugar mixture, stirring continuously, until sugar dissolves.
5) Mix in the food coloring to color light pink.
6) Fold in the remaining sugar slowly and heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils.
7) Add in marshmallows and stir until melted.
8) Take the away from the heat and mix in peppermint extract.
9) Transfer half of the syrup over popcorn mixture in each pan.
10) Fold lightly until the popcorn is evenly coated.
11) Allow to cool until easy to handle then shape into 1 1/2-inch balls.
12) Leave the popcorn balls to rest on wax paper until firm.
13) Store in a tightly covered container.
14) Use as desired.