Fresh Fruit Tartlets
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 sticks)|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
|Lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry slices||3 Small|
|Peach slice||3 Small|
|Kiwifruit||2 , sliced|
|Glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Clear)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped and blanched|
1) Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2) Take the tartlet pan and line it with aluminum foil.
3) Take flour in a bowl and add butter or margarine. Knead the flour properly.
4) Take egg yolks, water, lemon rind and sugar. Mix them well.
5) Incorporate the flour into yolk mixture.
6) Roll the dough into 1/4-inch thickness. Cut the dough rounds and keep in the tartlet pans.
7) Make holes over the rounds.
8) Bake the tartlets in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
9) Fill the shells with pastry cream and top with any fruit of your choice. Apply the clear glaze.
10) Sprinkle almonds over the tartlets before serving.