Fruit Filled Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||3 Pound (4 Small Ones)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped and blanched|
|Dates||6 Ounce, pitted and chopped (1 Packet)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Lightly grease a baking sheet.
3) Slice the ends of the squash thinly. Slice into two. Deseed them and scoop of the stringy pulp.
3) Place the squash on the baking sheet, their cut side facing down.
4) Bake for about 35 minutes.
5) In a small saucepan, melt butter. Saute the almonds till they become golden brown.
6) Peel the oranges and cut them into sections.
7) Take a section and half them crosswise. Collect any juice that drains from the fruit.
8) In a bowl, mix in the orange slices with their juice, almonds, dates, cinnamon and mace.
9) Take the squash out of the oven. Turn them over. Stuff them with the orange mixture.
10) Bake for 10 more minutes by the end of which the squash must have become tender.
11) Garnish the Fruit Filled Acorn Squash with a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.