|Potato pastry||12 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Cooking apples||4 Medium|
|Marmalade||60 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon, 20 Milliliter Each)|
|Currants||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Cloves||2 (Few Required)|
1) Divide the pastry into four pieces.
2) Roll out each piece in a large enough round to cover each apple.
3) Peel and core the apples without cutting.
4) Combine the marmalade, currants, and cut butter, and fill in the centre of the apple.
5) Cover the apple with the pastry and seal at the top.
6) Push in a clove to form the stalk.
7) Place in the oven at 425°F (220°C), Gas Mark 7, for 15 minutes.
8) Turn down then heat to 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4, and continue to bake for about 30 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven and sprinkle with colored sugar. (To make the colored sugar, add one or two drops of red or green coloring to 1 oz (25 g) granulated sugar. Work with a teaspoon until desired color, then dry).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1456 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 1349.8 mg56.2%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.3%
Sugars 129.2 g
Protein 49 g99%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 89.1%
Calcium 14% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet