Flaming Fruit Dessert
|Canned plums||20 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Pound 4 Ounce, Whole Blue Variety)|
|Canned peach||1 Pound, halved (1 Can)|
|Lemon slices||1⁄4 Inch, quartered (Unpeeled)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Drain fruit after saving syrups.
2. Deseed half of the plums, and place them in container with 1 cup of reserved fruit syrup and blend in sugar and lemon.
3. In a container of food processor, place plums and finely chop them by running the STIR blade for about 3-5 seconds.
4. Stop the motor and push the ingredients towards blades using rubber spatula.
5. Add chopped plums to saucepan along with reserved fruit syrup and spices.
6. Boil the sauce and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Spoon the sauce over remaining fruits and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
8. Heat the sauce in chafing dish at the time of serving.
9. Heat the brandy slightly and pour it over sauce to ignite.
10. Serve immediately after the flames die down.
11. If not required then omit brandy, serve the fruit dessert chilled with cookies or cake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 36.2 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.7%
Sugars 178 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 87.4% Vitamin C 117.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet