Caramel apples are a great Autumn treat! They are easy to make and a great hit with kids and adults alike. I use dulce de leche to make my caramel. If you don’t have it available, make sure to check out the video we have on it. Here is what you need to make these delicious treats:
Dulce de leche
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (dark)
1. Wash and dry the apples well. Remove the stem.
2. Insert a lollipop stick into each one.
3. Place them on a lightly buttered piece of wax paper.
4. Place the dulce de leche, cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla in a heavy bottom pan.
5. Whisk until all ingredients have mixed well.
6. Switch to a wooden spoon, reduce the heat to low, and stir the caramel until it forms a soft ball and separates from the sides of the pot. This will take between 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Tilt the pot and swirl in the apples to coat them evenly.
8. Work fast so that your caramel will not get too hard as it cools.
9. Shake off the excess caramel and place the apple on the waxed paper.
10. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
If you love apples, then you simply can't resist the caramel apples. Crunchy, ripe apples doused in thick chewy caramel make for a truly fail-proof dessert. Perfect for Labor Day barbecue, tailgate, or even potlucks, this truly elegant dessert is a breeze to make and a delight to eat too. Stream the video to learn how to make this sweet apple treats.