Candied Fruit Cookies
|Crisco||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Fruit||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), candied|
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour and soda.
3. Grease cookie sheets with cooking spray or butter.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream Crisco and brown sugar.
5. Add eggs and buttermilk; stir well.
6. Stir in the flour mixture and beat well.
7. Stir in fruits and nuts.
8. On a greased cookie sheet, using a teaspoon, drop batter with a gap of 2 inches.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
10. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then cool over a wire rack.
11. Serve Candied Fruit Cookies with a glass of milk.