Cinnamon Apple Rings
|Red cinnamon candies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apples||1 Pound (3 Medium Apples)|
1) Core and slice the apples crosswise in 1/2-inch rings.
2) In a skillet, combine the cinnamon candies, sugar and 2 cups water together.
3) Stir and cook over a medium heat until the sugar and candies are dissolved.
4) Add the apple rings, simmer over a low heat until transparent but not soft.
5) Allow the apple rings to cool in the syrup.
6) Serve the Cinnamon Apple Rings as an accompaniment to pork, ham or any other meat dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 699 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.77 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.63%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 33.4 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 152.9 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet