Cinnamon Apple Rings
|Red cinnamon candies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apples||1 Pound (3 Medium Apples)|
1) Core and slice the apples crosswise in 1/2-inch rings.
2) In a skillet, combine the cinnamon candies, sugar and 2 cups water together.
3) Stir and cook over a medium heat until the sugar and candies are dissolved.
4) Add the apple rings, simmer over a low heat until transparent but not soft.
5) Allow the apple rings to cool in the syrup.
6) Serve the Cinnamon Apple Rings as an accompaniment to pork, ham or any other meat dish.