Frozen Fruit Custard
|Evaporated milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Rum extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), plumped|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slim pastry cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
1) Brush a 12-cup ring mold or bundt pan lightly with oil.
2) Slim Pastry Cream : In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
3) In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup skim milk.
4) In an airtight jar, shake 1/4 cup skim milk and cornstarch together, or whisk together until thoroughly blended.
5) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey together until pale.
6) Then beat in the cornstarch mixture.
7) Pour hot skim milk in the top of a double boiler set over hot water.
8) Gradually whisk in egg yolk mixture, stir constantly and cook, until the custard is thickened.
9) Remove from heat, turn into a medium-size bowl and stir in the gelatin along with the vanilla extract. Allow to cool
10) In a large bowl, beat the evaporated skim milk until soft peaks form.
11) Drizzle and beat in the honey, vanilla and rum extracts.
12) Fold in the slim pastry cream, dates, raisins, and flaked coconut.
13) In the prepared mold or pan, turn the mixture, cover and freeze.
14) Unmold on a plate, slice with a warm, sharp knife and serve the Frozen Fruit Custard immediately.
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88 mg29.3%
Sodium 73.2 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 17% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet