Basic For The Rich Iced Varieties
|Fruit puree||1⁄4 Pint|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce (According To The Sharpness Of The Fruit)|
|Double cream/Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Lemon juice||2 Drop (According To The Flavor Of The Fruit)|
|Color||1 Drop (According To The Color Of The Fruit)|
1. Place a large bowl over hot water and tip the egg yolks and sugar into the bowl and whisk well. This will thicken the egg yolks while allowing the sugar to melt in to the custard.
2. Remove the pan from heat and then continue whisking the mix till the mixture is thick, lemony and cold.
3. In another pan, tip in the cream or evaporated milk and blend well till a smooth mix is formed. Fold this mixture into the egg mixture and blend well
4. Add the sugar and lemon juice to taste. Add coloring if required
5. Pour this into an ice mold. Seal the mold with lard and then wrap the mold with greaseproof paper. Bury the mold in ice and leave two to three hours.
6. Remove the greaseproof paper and lard, dip the mold into cold water, and pass a clean cloth over the base of the mould to absorb any moisture.
7. Turn out and keep in a refrigerator until required or serve immediately chilled.
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.1 mg49.4%
Sodium 25 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet