|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shallots/1 small onion||4|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green apple||1 , sliced and tossed in 1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|Pomegranate||1 , peeled and pearls removed|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (optional)|
1. In an electric mixer, combine all the ingredients (except poppy seeds and oil) and blend well.
2. Add oil and blend once.
3. Remove on to a dressing jar, add poppy seeds and mix well. Refrigerate till use.
4. In a salad bowl, combine apples, pomegranates, walnuts and lettuce. Toss lightly.
5. Drizzle dressing as required and toss.
6. Serve chilled, if desired.