Christmas Fruit Rocks
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), unsifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dates||2 Pound, chopped|
|Candied pineapple slices||4 , chopped (green)|
|Red candied cherries||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Pound, chopped|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched, chopped|
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees before baking the cake.
2) In a bowl, cream brown sugar, by adding butter.
3) Add beaten eggs and vanilla to beat in.
4) In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
5) Reserve 1/2 cup of the dry ingredients to mix with fruit and nuts.
6) Add the remaining part of dry mixture to the creamed mixture.
7) Dredge fruit in 1/2 cup of flour and fold into the creamed mixture.
8) Place inside refrigerator to chill for 3 hours or overnight.
9) On a greased cookie sheet, drop the batter by teaspoon.
10) Place the cookie sheet inside oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
11) Allow cooling the cookies before serving or storing.
12) Serve the cookies with your choice of beverage.
Calories 616 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.9 mg18.6%
Sodium 156.7 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 55.4 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet