Apple Coconut Squares
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sieved|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned apple pie filling||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
1. Preheat an oven to 175C (350F).
2. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat well using a wooden spoon.
4. Add salt and flour and mix well using a rubber spatula.
5. Add coconut and mix well.
6. Transfer half quantity of this prepared mixture on to greased pan and spread uniformly.
7. Top with apple pie filling and spread evenly.
8. Sprinkle spice mixture and top with remaining flour coconut mixture.
9. Spread evenly and bake in pre heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown in colour.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
11. Cut into squares/ slices and serve warm with a sauce, ice cream or flavoured whipped cream of your choice.
Use mix of ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder and a pinch of nutmeg powder as an alternative to spice mixture.