|Fruits||1 Pound (Apples, Plums, Gooseberries, Rhubarb, Etc)|
|Sugar||3 Ounce (Depending On Sweetness Of Fruit)|
1. Clean and prepare fruit according to kind.
2. In a saucepan large enough so that the fruit will 2/3 fill the pan, add in sugar and water.
3. Allow the sugar to dissolve over a gentle heat, and boil for 3 mins.
4. Put in the prepared fruit and simmer gently with a lid on the saucepan until the fruit is soft.
5. Take individual serving dishes and pour the stewed fruits in them. Serve hot or cold, with custard or cream.