Marinated Fruit in Watermelon
|Ripe watermelon||2 Medium|
|Strawberries||40 Ounce (2 boxes)|
|Raspberry sherbet||1 Pint|
|Pineapple sherbet||1 Pint|
|Mint sherbet||1 Pint|
|Tangerine sherbet||1 Pint|
|Cointreau||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cut off one end, about a quarter of the watermelon way down, to make a scalloped or notched edge.
2) Reserve the cut-off watermelon piece for the lid.
3) Scoop out the watermelon with a big spoon, cut up with a melon bailer and refrigerate to chill.
4) Cut the peaches, plums, strawberries and cantaloupe, refrigerate.
5) Make sherbet balls with a small ice cream scoop and store in freezer.
6) In a bowl, mix the chilled fruits with the Cointreau and spoon into the watermelon.
7) Put the frozen sherbet scoops in another, then cover with the lid and place on a bed of crushed ice.
8) Serve the Marinated Fruit in Watermelon with a platter of assorted fine cheeses.