|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift together the flour, sugar, walnuts and butter.
3) In a shallow baking pan, spread the mixture evenly.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
5) In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, sprinkle 2/3rd of the crumbs.
6) Combine together the granulated sugar, egg whites, berries and lemon juice in a large bowl.
7) Use an electric mixer set at high speed to beat the mixture till it forms stiff peaks (about 10 minutes).
8) Whip the cream and fold it into the berry mixture.
9) Spoon the concoction over the crumbs and top with the remaining crumbs.
10) Freeze the preparation for 6 hours, or overnight.
11) Serve chilled after cutting into squares. If preferred, trim with whole strawberries.