Apricot Bran Bread
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely snipped|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole bran cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1. Preheat oven for 350°.
2. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
3. In a bowl cover apricots with enough boiling water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. Drain well and combine with 3 tablespoons sugar.
5. In a bowl sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
6. In another bowl mix bran cereal, milk, eggs and oil and add to flour mixture, stirring just till moistened.
7. Gently stir in apricot mixture and add into greased pan and sprinkle top with a little sugar.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
9. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
10. Serve the Apricot Bran Bread with coffee or beverages.