Strawberry Banana Mold
|Strawberry-flavored gelatin||6 Ounce (2 Packages, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen strawberries||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a pan of boiling water dissolve gelatin.
2. Thaw berries just enough to drain off 1 tablespoon syrup reserving 1 tablespoon syrup.
3. To gelatin add berries, break in small chunks with fork then stir to completely thaw berries.
4. Add cold water and chill till partially set.
5. Peel bananas, slice them on the bias into gelatin and stir gently to distribute fruit.
6. Pour into 6 1/2-cup fluted mold, chill till firm and unmold.
7. If desired, garnish with greens and additional bias-cut banana slices dipped in ascorbic acid color keeper to retain color.
8. For strawberry whipped cream:
9. Whip cream to soft peaks.
10. Stir reserved strawberry syrup into cream.
11. Unmolded and serve topped with strawberry whipped cream.
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.1 mg11%
Sodium 115.5 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet