|Macintosh apples||6 Pound (About 10 Numbers, Medium Sized)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take 7 of the apples and peel, core and slice them. Transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
2) Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and toss well to avoid discoloration.
3) Add the apples into a juice extractor and collect the apple juice. Keep the pulp aside for later.
4) In a small bowl, mix apple juice and 1/4 cup sugar. Add the mixture into a sorbet maker. Prepare apple sorbet as per the instructions.
5) Keep the sorbet frozen for the required amount of time. The sorbet can be prepared beforehand and kept frozen till serving time.
6) In a heavy, non-reactive saucepan, add the reserved apple pulp, water, 1/4 cup sugar and juice of half a lemon. Let the mixture come to a boil on high heat.
7) After boiling for 2 minutes, strain the mixture and allow to cool down. Take 2 apples and peel, core and slice them very thin. Add the apples into the apple syrup.
8) Take the remaining 1 apple, peel core and slice them thinly into 16 rings. In an oven preheated at 325° F, arrange the slices on the baking tray in a single layer.
9) Bake the apples rings for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
10) Dust confectioner's sugar on the apple rings and let broil for about 2 minutes until they caramalize and get a glaze. Make sure the apples do not burn, so keep flipping them every few minutes until they are caramalized evenly on all sides.
11) Take the baking tray out and let the apples rings cool down. Once cooled, freeze them in a tightly-lidded container for about 1 hour.
12) Chill round-bottomed serving bowls for about 30 minutes.
13) Take the sliced apples from the apple syrup and arrange them in a flower-like pattern at the bottom of each chilled bowl.
14) Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the apple syrup over the apples in each bowl. Scoop out the apple sorbet and place it over the apple slices, in the centre.
15) Garnish using the caramalized apple rings dug lightly into the apple sorbet.