Oranges And Cracked Caramel
|Oranges||3 Medium, skinned|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cut the oranges into segments, remove all the pith. Be careful, do not lose any juice.
2) Chill the segments in refrigerator.
3) Lightly oil a baking tray.
3) In a non-stick pan heat water, add sugar and bring to boil.
4) Reduce the heat and let it simmer till the syrup turns dark amber in colour
5) Pour the syrup on the tray in thin stream. Allow it to cool.
6) Chip the caramel off the sheet and set aside
7) Before serving whip the heavy cream and use it coats the orange segments.
8) Divide the orange segments in two glass bowl and scatter caramel chips on top of each serving.