Fresh Fruit Fritters
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1 Quart|
|Banana chunks/Cauliflower flowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peaches/Apples / fresh berries of your choice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Beat mixture well, till completely combined
2. In another bowl, place the egg yolks and the 1 tablespoon corn oil and mix well again
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix again
4. Add the egg whites to a bowl and beat well till they form soft peaks.
5. Mix the egg whites with the batter while folding in gently
6. In a large saucepan, place the oil and heat it gently till the pan is 375 degrees.
7. Put the pieces of the banana or the cauliflower flowerets into the batter and then fry them in hot oil for 3-4 minutes
8. Dry these on absorbent paper
9. Peaches, apples or other fruits can be prepared in the same way
10. Serve hot sprinkled with confectionerâ€™s sugar.