|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Make the base by mixing together the butter, brown sugar and flour.
3) Bake in 8x8-inches pan in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till the base is golden brown.
4) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff.
5) Gradually add the sugar, salt and baking powder.
6) Beat till the mixture is very stiff.
7) Add the vanilla and then fold in the cherries.
8) Bake for about 30 minutes.
9) Cut into bars or squares and serve as a sweet treat at a party or enjoy as an evening snack with tea