Homemade Cherry Squares
|Soft margarine||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cherry pie filling||1 Can (10 oz) (Fresh Apples, Peaches, Plums Or Saskatoons Can Also Be Used)|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon, warmed|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the extracts and margarine.
3) Add the sugar. Beat well.
4) Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5) Add the flour and mix well.
6) Over a cookie sheet, spread about 2/3rd of the batter and spread the pie filling over the batter.
7) Over the pie filling, drop the remaining batter by spoon.
8) Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or till the preparation is golden brown in color.
9) Glaze while the preparation is very warm.
10) Serve as preferred.