Candied Yams In Orange Cups
|Oranges||3 , halved|
|Orange curacao/Any orange flavored liqueur||3 Ounce|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. With a sharp knife, slice off 1/2 inch off the top of each orange.
2. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the pulp of each orange reserving for another use like making juice.
3. Clean out the piths and fibers from the orange shells. Keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
5. Place the sweet potatoes in a roasting pan.
6. Place in the preheated oven and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes or until fork tender.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool until easy to handle.
8. While still warm, pare them and remove the flesh into a bowl.
9. Add orange Curacao, butter, cinnamon and seasonings to the sweet potato.
10. With a wooden spoon or a fork, beat thoroughly until mashed and fluffy.
11. Spoon the mixture into the orange shells.
12. Serve the sweet potato mash in orange shells, warm or cold.