Raspberry Coconut Cookies
|Flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), flaked|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Measure the flour.
3) Add the salt and soda. Blend the ingredients together well.
4) Cream together the shortening, eggs and sugars thoroughly.
5) Add the almond extract and water. Mix properly.
6) Blend in the flour mix and add the coconut. Stir well.
7) On an ungreased baking sheet, drop the batter by level teaspoons, about 2 inches apart.
8) On top of each cookie, make a small dent. Use a thimble to do so.
9) On each cookie, place Â½ teaspoon of raspberry jam.
10) Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
11) Serve as preferred.