Oat Fruit Nut Drops
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||13 Tablespoon (3/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Soy flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat non instant milk powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Rye flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||12 (Whole Ones)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Make necessary adjustments in the oven rack in order to bake cookies in the upper third of the oven.
2) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350Â°.
3) To the work bowl of the food processor(use metal blade)add walnuts .
4) Pulse on/off till the nuts are coarsely chopped.
5) Take a medium mixing bowl and transfer the mixture into it.
6) Add oats and sunflower seeds and mix thoroughly.
7) To the work bowl of the food processor,now add the whole wheat flour, soy flour, milk powder, rye flour, and baking powder.
8) Pulse on/off to mix the contents.
9) Now add the dates, pulse on/off until dates are coarsely chopped and add to the walnuts mixture.
10) To the work bowl,now add the eggs, oil, honey, milk and vanilla extract.
11) Blend for 10 seconds.
12) Take the work bowl,cover with lid, empty the down sides and add dry ingredients all together.
13) Mix together with 3-4 on/off pulses, until just mixed.
14) Do not over-blend.
15)L ayer the cookie sheet with foil.
16) Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto foil, 1/2 inch apart.
17) Make a even,flatten slightly.
18) These cookies do not spread.
19) Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until light brown.
20) Transfer to wire rack to cool.
21) Store in airtight container,till desired.