Honey Fruit Nut Caramels
|Light corn syrup||7 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnut halves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a 8 X 5 inch shallow pan, grease with butter and using cooking parchment, line the pan.
2. Take a heavy bottom large pan and place on low heat.
3. Melt butter in the pan and mix in honey and syrup.
4. Allow the mixture to boil on gentle heat till a candy thermometer shows 270°F.
5. Finely chop dates and walnuts.
6. Take pan off from heat and mix in chopped walnuts and dates.
7. Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture to opaque.
8. Transfer to prepared pan and allow to cool to set well.
9. Using a buttered knife, demark set caramel into ¾ to 1 inch squares.
10. Keep aside to set for about 24 hours.
11. Take out and separate squares.
12. Using a wax paper to wrap the squares and store till used.