Summer Fruit Crisp
|Plums||1 Pound, pitted, sliced|
|Nectarines||1 Pound, blanched, peeled, pitted, and sliced|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Uncooked)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon, granulated|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix plums with nectarines.
3. Add 1 teaspoon flour, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and the lemon peel; toss well and combine.
4. Grease an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
5. In a small bowl, blend the flour, cinnamon, the granulated sugar, and margarine; keep aside.
6. Into the greased baking dish, place the fruit mixture.
7. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the fruit mixture.
8. Keep the dish in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly.
9. Serve hot or refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.