Bateaux Aux Fruits
|Pate sucree/Sweet crust pastry dough||1⁄3|
|Apricot glaze||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned fruit||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Apricot Halves, Pineapple Pieces, Cherries)|
|Blanched pistachios||2 Tablespoon|
1. Drain the canned fruit.
2. Cut the apricot halves in two and remove the pits from apricots and cherries. Keep aside or chill until required.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F
4. Roll out the sweet pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and use it to line 6 boat-shaped molds about 4 1/2 inches long.
5. Press the pastry lightly into shape.
6. Arrange them on a baking sheet and prick the pastry with a fork.
7. Bake on middle level of a preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until pastry golden and dry.
8. Remove from the oven and ease the pastries out of the molds. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
9. Use a pastry brush to coat the insides of the pastry cases with apricot glaze.
10. Fill the pastry boats with drained fruit and glaze the tops and sides of the fruits with apricot glaze.
11. Sprinkle pistachio nuts on top.
12. Place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
13. Serve the tarts chilled, topped with whipped cream if you like.