Grilled Beef With Fresh Fruit Relish
|Lean beef round||16 Ounce (4 Thin Top Slices, 4 Ounces Each)|
|Beef slices||16 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||2 , finely chopped|
|Fresh peaches/Mango||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger/1/4 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Use a sharp meat knife or a kitchen scissors to trim all fat from the pork chops.
2. Use a steak hammer or a rolling pin to lightly pound and flatten the steaks, keeping them between two sheets of wax paper.
3. Rub salt and pepper on both sides of the steaks.
4. In a large shallow dish combine the oil with the vinegar and scallions and whisk lightly with a fork to blend.
5. To this marinade add the steaks and using your hand, turn them so that they are well coated with the marinade.
6. Cover the dish with cling film and refrigerate to marinate meat for a minimum of 1 hour, tossing the steaks to keep it coated with the marinade.
7. Remove the meat from the refrigerator to bring it at room temperature.
8. Peel the peaches or the mango and cut unto pieces and keep aside
9. Drain the steaks, reserving the marinade in the dish.
10. Arrange the steaks on the grill or broiler rack.
11. Grill the meat for 6 to 9 minutes per side according to your preferred degree of doneness, basting them with the marinade once or twice.
12. Use a large fork or tongs to remove the steaks on to a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
13. Brush the fruit with honey
14. Arrange them on piece of foil on the grill or broiler.
15. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until soft and lightly charred.
16. Chop the soft grilled fruit and add to a bowl.
17. In a small bowl, combine the remaining honey, lime juice, ginger and red pepper flakes and whisk to mix well.
18. Pour this dressing over the chopped fruit and toss well.
19. Serve the steaks warm with fruit relish on the side.