Fruits Around The Calendar
|Orange peel strip||2|
|Lemon peel strip||1|
|Cognac||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
1) In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch.
2) From the can of cherries, drain 1 cup of syrup, Add to the cornstarch mixture and stir well. Add the lemon and orange peels.
3) Cook the mixture, constantly stirring over medium heat, till the sauce is thick. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Take out and discard the peels and add the cherries.
4) Put the mixture in a chafing dish and put it on the dining table. Add the warm cognac. Use a match to blaze.
5) Over bowls of vanilla ice cream, ladle the sauce while it is still flaming.
6) Serve immediately.