Frozen Pumpkin Squares
|Canned pumpkin||16 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Gallon, softened|
1) In a pan, combine the first 5 ingredients, sprinkle salt and stir in pecans.
2) In a chilled bowl, fold pumpkin mixture to ice cream.
3) Take a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan, line the bottom with half gingersnaps, and sprean the pumpkin mixture on top.
4) Repeat layers and freeze until firm.
5) Cut into slices, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and pecan halves, and serve.