Summer is here and is my house so are these partially frozen, sweet melons balls lightly enhanced with pineapple juice, triple sec and raspberry vodka....I don't know too many parties or gatherings where drunken melon balls WOULDN'T be welcomed!
These never last long at my cookouts , diva parties or in my own refrigerator. They are just that fun and refreshing to eat.
And call me crazy but I think melons taste better when they are in cute little ball form. Feel free to use your favorite fruity alcohol combinations to "spike" these melon balls with.
Honey dew melon
The syrup mix
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Triple sec/Any fruit flavored vodka
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Slice the honeydew in half and remove the seeds from the inside. Slice the watermelon and the cantaloupe too in half.
2. Use a melon baller to scoop out the melons and place in a shallow container with a lid.
3. Pour pineapple juice over the scooped melon balls.
4. Pour in raspberry vodka and triple sec. Toss the fruit and arrange so that the melon balls are submerged if possible.
5. Cover and freeze just until partially frozen. You can also chill them for a few hours if you don’t want them partially frozen.
6. Serve chilled in glass bowls or cocktail glasses.
Super summer treat!! Try these melon balls in summer to make that perfect pool side dish. It is cold and very refreshing. Serve with any cocktail and you'll be amused at the wonderful taste it brings out. What more, its quick and easy.