Mai Tai Banana Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Non alcoholic mai tai cocktail mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, beat the egg whites till they form soft peaks.
2. Gradually stir in 2 tablespoons sugar.
3. Beat it again till it forms stiff peaks, and keep aside.
4. In another bowl, Whip the cream and keep aside.
5. Take a saucepan and mix 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin, and the salt.
6. Stir in the egg yolks and mix well with the sugar mixture.
7. Now add the pineapple juice and blend it with the mixture too.
8. Place the pan on heat and cook
9. Stir the mixture till it thickens and the gelatin is completely dissolved.
10. Now stir in the mai tai cocktail mix.
11. Remove from fire and chill the mixture till it is partially set.
12. Once partially set, fold in the beaten egg whites and the whipped cream into the gelatin mixture.
13. Chill completely till mixture mounds.
14. Slice the bananes and fold the slices into the gelatin mixture.
15. Turn the mixture into a 5-cup mold.
16. Chill the banana mold till firm.
17. Turn the mold on a plate before serving.