Beef And Apple Balls
|Lean ground beef||4 1⁄2 Pound|
|Green apples||3 Large, pared, quartered and cored|
|Pears||3 Large, pared, quartered and cored|
|Bermuda onions||3 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Green peppers||3 Small, halved and seeded|
|Crushed corn flakes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a food chopper process together beef, apples, pears, onions and green peppers, using finest blade.
2. In a very large bowl or kettle mix the processed ingredients with eggs, corn flakes and seasonings.
3. Shape lightly into marble-size balls and in buttered shallow baking pans place in single layers.
4. Bake in a hot oven (400°) 10 minutes and broil for a minute or two to brown tops.
5. To serve heat meat balls.
6. The recipe makes about 300 meatballs.
7. When baking you'll need about 3 pans or bake the balls in 3 batches.