Beef And Apple Balls
|Lean ground beef||4 1⁄2 Pound|
|Green apples||3 Large, pared, quartered and cored|
|Pears||3 Large, pared, quartered and cored|
|Bermuda onions||3 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Green peppers||3 Small, halved and seeded|
|Crushed corn flakes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a food chopper process together beef, apples, pears, onions and green peppers, using finest blade.
2. In a very large bowl or kettle mix the processed ingredients with eggs, corn flakes and seasonings.
3. Shape lightly into marble-size balls and in buttered shallow baking pans place in single layers.
4. Bake in a hot oven (400°) 10 minutes and broil for a minute or two to brown tops.
5. To serve heat meat balls.
6. The recipe makes about 300 meatballs.
7. When baking you'll need about 3 pans or bake the balls in 3 batches.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg37.1%
Sodium 420.9 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet