Exotic Fruit Clafoutis
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2) Dice the fresh pineapple and mango into 1/2 inch pieces, place in a bowl, drizzle with the rum and keep aside.
3) In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, sift and add the flour and salt, then blend well together alongwith the sugar until smooth.
4) In a small pan, heat the milk and vanilla pod together. Turn off the heat and leave for 5 minutes.
5) Discard the vanilla pod and gradually strain and beat in the milk into the egg mixture until thoroughly blended. Then beat in the rum from the fruits.
6) In a shallow, greased ovenproof dish, arrange the fruits, pour over the batter mixture and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until firm and risen.
7) Sprinkle with caster sugar and serve warm.