|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peaches||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Combine the flour, sugars, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon.
3) Gently mix in the butter with a fork or fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4) In a 9-inch shallow baking dish, place the sliced peaches and stir in the water, lemon rind and juice.
5) Spread and press the crumb mixture, then bake covered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6) Remove the lid and bake for further 30 minutes.
7) Serve the warm peach crisps with cream or ice cream, as desired.