Peaches Flambée Royale
|Cold water||1 Pint|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 (Whole)|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (That The Peaces Were Cooked In)|
|Orange peel piece||4|
|Vanilla ice cream scoop||4|
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine water, sugar, cinnamon and lemon peel. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
2. Place pan on medium heat and boil to syrup consistency.
3. Reduce the heat, add the whole peaches along with skins to the syrup and cover the pan.
4. Stew peaches for about 15 minutes.
5. Take pan off the heat and remove the peaches to a plate.
6. When they are cool enough to handle, peel skin and halve them to remove the stones.
7. Place the peach halves in a chafing dish or casserole.
8. Add the strawberries, cooking syrup, brandy, Curacao, and orange peel.
9. Heat and keep hot.
10. Serve the peaches in dessert bowls or on dessert plates.
11. Top with a scoop of ice-cream
12. Pour the flaming sauce over the ice cream and peach.