Stewed Fresh Fruit
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
|Grated lemon rind/Ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1) Peel the apples and slice them. Alternatively, scrub the rhubarb and cur it into lengths of 1-inch each.
2) Into a saucepan, measure the sugar and water and stir over low heat in order to completely dissolve the sugar.
3) Add in the prepared fruit, cover it with liquid and place over very low heat. Allow to slowly and gently cook till the fruit has tendered but is still whole.
4) Take the pan off the heat and add some finely grated lemon rind. Set aside and allow mixtue to cool.
5) Spoon the preparation onto a serving dish once it has cooled and chill.
6) Serve chilled.