Melon Kabobs with Honey and Orange Flower Water
|Cantaloupe||2 Pound (1 Small Piece)|
|Honeydew melon||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Small Piece)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange flower water||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint sprigs||10 (To Garnish)|
1) Cut the melon into two halves and remove the seeds. Scoop out small balls of flesh using a melon bailer and keep aside.
2) Trim cantaloupe and discard rind. Cut it lengthwise into 1 1/2 inch wedges.
3) In a large bowl combine the melon balls with cantaloupe wedges.
4) Take a small bowl and mix together, lemon juice, honey, and orange-flavored water in a small bowl. Blend well.
5) Spread the honey mixture over melons and toss to coat. Place a plastic wrap cover over the bowl and keep it in refrigerator until serving time.
6) Take four , 12 inch skewers and alternately arrange cantaloupe wedges and honeydew balls. Arrange skewers on serving platter and garnish with mint.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1063 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.95 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 360.1 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.6%
Sugars 251.3 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 642.3% Vitamin C 921.5%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet