Fresh Fruit Crisp
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cold unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Nectarines/Peaches||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Blueberries/Blackberries||1 Pint (1 Basket)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream/Lightly sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a 1 quart baking dish.
3. To prepare the crumble; in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, both sugars, cinnamon, salt, and ginger.
4. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Keep aside.
5. To prepare the fruit filling, pit the nectarines and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
6. In a bowl, toss the nectarines with the berries, sugar and flour.
7. Turn the fruit mixture into the baking dish.
8. Spread the crumble over the fruit.
9. Place the baking dish on the top level of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the crumble is browned and the juices bubble up around the edges.
10. Remove the dish from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
11. Serve warm with custard sauce or ice- cream is you like.
12. Spoon out from the baking dish into individual bowls at the table.
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg13.7%
Sodium 103.2 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 52.8 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet